Super-Quick, Vegan Tacos
So often people assume that in order to eat healthily they need to dedicate endless hours to meal preparation, but this is so untrue! Here’s one of my favorite, super-quick, delicious recipes for making vegan tacos. It wins over picky eaters and meat-eaters all the time.
- Taco Shells
- 1 can of Whole Foods 365 Brand of vegetarian chilli (mild or spicy)
- Fresh lettuce. Any type will do whether it’s mixed greens or iceburg. My favorite is Romaine.
- 1 avocado for every 2-3 people (best when in season)
- 1 jar of Whole Foods salsa (mild, medium, or spicy)
NOTE: For best results and vitality use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- 1 veggie burger by Amy’s Organics. Any flavor will do. Found in the frozen section.
- 1 can of beans like black or kidney beans.
- Fresh, diced tomatoes
- Nondairy sour cream
- vegan cheese, such as Daiya
- Place 1 can of chilli in a medium pot and heat on low, stirring often. *
- Chop 1/2-1 cup of lettuce.
- Dice 1 avocado.
- Heat taco shells (avoid microwave if possible, I like to do it over the stove)
- Spoon chili into shells
- Top with lettuce, avocado, salsa (and optional ingredients)
* If you want to make the chili more hearty add in the following steps:
- Place a skillet on med heat.
- Add a tbsp or less of safflower oil.
- Add 1 veggie burger for each person.
- Heat the veggie burger and break it apart with a fork or spatula until it is golden brown (and looks similar to ground beef).
- Add to the pot of chili and stir well.
For more healthy tips, visit Holistic Living on Facebook and
sign up for the monthly newsletter on my homepage.